Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Warm and Cozy

This winter has been so cold so all I wanted for Christmas was a nice warm jacket. I started my hunt for a jacket in November. I saw a girl at a conference I attended with this gorgeous damask jacket. I asked her where she got it and she told me about Cherella and that it was from last year. So my OCD kicked in and I was on the hunt! It turns out Cherella is owned by 2 women from SLC so I was even more excited to support them and get this fabulous coat. I tried 3 stores, including one in Park City and I could not find it! Finally I emailed the owners and they said they had some in Boise. However, since it was from last year the photos were off of their website and they couldnt send me pictures. I just went with it and they ended up sending me 2 with a 30% discount. I got my box and couldnt wait until Christmas so I opened it immediately. I was SO DISAPPOINTED!! The jackets were not was I was looking for at all. The worst part too was the button holes on the jackets were completely shredded. It was terrible. So I returned them immediately and actuall just ended up dropping the box off myself because I didnt want to pay shipping since they are in SLC any ways. But now I am STILL waiting for my refund! It's been almost a month. I really did want to support this local company but I am so disappointed. I am going to give it another week and then I am just going to dispute the charges with Visa. I just dont get it....

But I still wanted a jacket! So during all of this Jer was on the hunt too and he found me the perfect jacket. Gotta love Patagucci! (a.k.a Patagonia)






















It is the softest warmest down parka ever! It is like wearing a cuddly blanket around. So now I am warm in the chilly weather and I will be better prepared to face the winter weather in MN.



















LOW photo from my mom on 1.06.09 Just a little chilly!

1 comment:

Bridge Photography Studios said...

Is that you in the picture? Uh huh-I know it is- I see those sweats under the coat!!!