Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time to be Thankful... yeah right!

So this time of year is the time to reflect on things you are thankful for. But....... it is really hard to feel thankful when I am so totally UPSET!

Tonight we were packing for a little trip south. So we go in the garage to get the generator to check the gas and........dun dun dun..... NO GENERATOR!! Someone flippin' stole the generator and the gas can along with it right out of our GARAGE! I am just so completely upset. It was really expensive too because it was one of the nice silent Honda 2000 ones.

So now do we try and replace it and spend all that money again? They are basically all sold out for the season too so we'll be lucky to find one any ways. Plus we really wanted to go on our trip! So we have tomorrow to get one... SURE!

So I filled a police report and I am going to call the insurance company tomorrow but I am sure both are pointless. We know we had it a month ago but we have no idea when it actually disappered. ARGH!

It is just so FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I keep going in there thinking I just cant SEE IT. I hate knowing that someone was in there! Plus it is way at the back of our driveway so someone had to walk around our cars and past the camper to get it. There isn't any sign of forced entry so if they grabbed it while the garage was open that means we were HOME with the GIRLS!

Ok, but really, I am thankful because as far as we can tell the generator is the only thing that was stolen. We have a lot of tools, some VERY nice bikes, 6 strollers (see previous post HERE ha ha ha) and who knows what else in there.

But still. Loosers............... UGH!

UPDATE: Jer was able to find another generator so our weekend is saved. We bought the same one, and luckily it was cheaper than the first time. I also called the Insurance Company and got their usual answer... "Well, your deductible is $500 so you can claim it but it will be a mark against your account so it may not be worth it...." Um, THANKS! Then why do we pay you for insurance? That is a whole other story I dont even want to get in to. I tell ya!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Ewww! That Sucks! Hopefully your camping trip was great!