Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Strollers, strollers, strollers....

This post does not really have any great significance, I just think it is funny and shows off a little of my OCD.

So let's talk about strollers...

Before K was born I figured one little umbrella stroller would suffice. I am not a flashy girl, all the stores I frequent have shopping carts, so I was set. So we got this little baby, the Chicco Lightweight Umbrella:
























Well, this one was great but the back does not lay flat all the way so it was hard to use with an infant. We got our infant carseat from Jeremy's aunt so we did not have the matching stroller at first. But my SIL, Lea, the master Garage Sale shopper came across it one day and got it for me! So then there were 2: (This is not the exact set but you get the idea...)


























But then what do we do when we want to go hiking, jogging/rollerblading, biking or SKIING?!?!? So we needed another more burley stroller. So the Cadillac came along, the Chariot Carriers Cougar 1: (And yes, we have most of the conversion kits thanks to our REI Dividend!!)










So we are set right?!?!? Three strollers, one for every occasion! Well, not when you have TWO kids! So we decided to expand and get the bigger Chariot. The Chariot Carriers Cougar 2: (Again, thanks to our REI Dividend)



















Well this is great but it wont fit in the trunk of my car! So what do I do when I want to go out with the girls or just "run to the mall"? So why not get ANOTHER stroller!!
























Now this one was suppose to be the answer to all of my prayers. Double stroller, has a neat steering wheel and noise maker in the front for K. The infant seat can fit in the back seat and it lays flat! But holy crap is this thing BIG and it does not turn at all! It fits in my trunk but barely and I about throw my back out every time I try and get it in there. So what do I do? Well, why not get ANOTHER stroller! The Joovy Caboose:























This time I at least waited and it was not a complete impulse buy. I knew I wanted a sit-n-stand type stroller and I began looking last summer but K was still a bit too young for it last year so I just kept an eye out. Then this weekend one was posted on KSL.com right down the street from me and it was a steal so I went for it! This way K can still have the freedom to run around but then can ride along too when she needs to and it is not much bigger than a single stroller. I made sure to try it out too before I took it home and we walked around the block with it and it handled great. K thought it was pretty cool!

But pretty absurd wouldnt you say! Jer was actually not too thrilled about this last purchase, which I guess I cant really blame him. He has put it with quite a bit. But I am getting rid of the Jeep one on Thursday along with a TON of other baby/maternity stuff at a Consignment Sale (photos to follow in a later post).

So thats it I guess. 6 strollers for 2 kids. Sounds about right!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! My daughter has a double stroller and only one child. Now explain THAT one. And with one child there are 6 strollers between the two houses (theirs and ours) not including the double stroller.

Robin L said...

Dont they have some neat things out there? I only had one stroller bt never used it much.

Amy said...

I remember the stroller days! Wait until you see how fast they grow out of those strollers! Then you'll really wonder about owning six of them! Cherish these days, though -- I miss having little ones!

Anonymous said...

omg you are TOO funny!!!! :) i know that feeling though! xo

susie said...

That is too funny! I kept wondering if there'd be another one when I scrolled down! I have the same umbrella stroller that I got for my 9 year old when he was a baby! That's almost all I use now because it's so easy...but I like that last one...very cool!

Barb said...

Wow, just wow! I don't miss those days.

Keela said...

LMBO!!! I can totally relate! We've got the single stroller, umbrella, 2 of the double thingies you can hitch to the bikes (but one doesn't...we got it really cheap at a garage sale, just to push around) and a double stroller. That was all for 2 kids also...then we had our 3rd. LOL! I told my dh that when we adopt our 3rd, we'll be getting a new infant car seat/stroller. The other has been through 3 boys...my girl needs a new one. ;)

Tiffani K said...

Well I have nine children and probably have owned over thirty. I have been known to buy a stroller on the way to an event

Anonymous said...

Let's see we have had four strollers with three kids. We've worn one completely out, and another is on it;s way out. One is a jogger, that I run with all the time(yeah right)! The last was new with Porter, it's just like your first and I LOVE it. So all in all, not too bad. Yep, you are definatly OC!

Gold-E said...

Can you really ski with that Chariot thing? How do you get up the lift? When I have kids I'm coming back to this post. I need to learn a thing or two about strollers!

Gold-E said...

Ah ha - cross country skiing. Of course! Thanks for clarifying :D