The most disappointing part was the critique. It was a great critique it was just that it was one of those "DOH" moments. The comment was that my design needed more texture and some "wow" factor to it to make it stand out. Great point! The "doh" part of this was that I did that EXACT THING when I used them in my own layout I just did not include that in the preview! AHHHH! I read the assignment as more of a brush (outline) sort of thing. I included colored "stickers" in the preview to make them easier to see but I wanted to keep it really generic and more flat and then I made sure to do a layout right away to show the different ways my doodles could be used. I took the stickers and used textured papers to color them instead of just flat colors or plain brushes. So unfortunately that did not come across in my actual submittal. Very disappointing and I am totally bummed. I just did not want to do the standard flowers and swirls.... Oh well.
But it was a great opportunity and I am so glad I tried. I learned quite a bit too and got to try out some really cool programs. One thing I learned though is designing takes a TON of time! WOW! But I did really enjoy it. I think you may see a freebie here or there from me now too. I also think I may try and get some kits on Knapp Scraps one of these days too. Ya never know!
So sorry this is all scrappa talk and probably wont make sense to every one but I just needed to vent.
Thanks to every one that commented on my submittals and downloaded my stuff. Or TRIED to download it... the link for the first one was a bit wonky.
So with that I will leave you with an image of my TEXTURED pond pals....
No comments:
Post a Comment